Thursday, November 19, 2009

Stuff for Thought

There is an image that keeps bouncing around in my head. I photographed it because I found it so shocking and thought-provoking when I saw it at the China—Facing Reality exhibit at Vienna’s Museum of Modern Art about a year ago. This was a huge installation and the photos do not capture its size. As we try to pull out of this economic crisis and we face gift-giving holidays, does this say anything to you? It almost makes me want to take another economics class.

I said almost.


The installation was made by one of the following artists. I’ve forgotten and tried to find out which one, but here are the names of all who were in the exhibition:

Chen Wenling, Chen Ke, Cui Xiuwen, Fang Lijun, Ji Dachun, Li Hui, Liu Jianhua, Liu Qinghe, Liu Xiaodong, Liu Ye, Miao Xiaochun, Shen Ling, Song Dong, Song Tao, THEY (TAMEN), Tang Maohong, Unmask Group, Wang Jianwei, Xiang Jing, Xu Zhen, Yang Jinsong, Yang Zhenzhong, Yin Xiuzhen, Yue Minjun, Zeng Hao, Zhang Xiaogang and Zhou Xiaohu.

Thanks to the artist for providing such a thought-provoking installation and thanks to the curators and museums involved for bringing it to Vienna.

No comments:

Post a Comment